Deepak Phenolics Limited (DPL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Deepak Nitrite, is a leading producer of Phenol, Acetone, IPA, and AMS in India. Deepak Phenolics operates a state-of-the-art Phenol-Acetone and IPA manufacturing unit. This segment is a promising market with 400+ customers.
DPL is pleased to invite Expression of Interest from reputed Channel Partners with proven success in chemical distribution, leveraging industry best practices and conventional and digital means to improve customer service and to reach new customers for its existing Products i.e., Phenol, Acetone, IPA and AMS. DPL is proud to inform that its partnerships are built on the highest standards of Ethics, Governance, Integrity, and Transparency with all stakeholders.
The purpose of this EOI is to provide interested parties with information that may be useful to them in making their application.
a) Transparency in dealings between DPL, the Channel Partner and the end customer served.
b) Satisfactory resolution of conflict of interest, if any which exists with the Channel Partners
c) High standards of ethics, governance, integrity.
1. Sales & Marketing of DPL products in the identified segment.
Transparent sharing of market developments, new customers, new demand, and to jointly determine strategy to boost domestic consumption of DPL products.
2. Extend Value-Added Services (VAS) such as credit provision, door-step and timely deliveries for customers for DPL products as required by the end customer.
3. Provide consolidated volume/lifting details in advance for production planning
4. Channel Partners shall provide market intelligence report on weekly basis for DPL’s consideration to enhance customer experience.
5. Payment collection from the customers and timely remittance to DPL (on or before the due date) shall be wholly managed by channel partners.
6. Continuous update on the credit worthiness of the customers and to caution DPL in the event any customer’s credit rating dropping below satisfactory level
Pricing and any discount structure, including incentives, etc. shall be solely decided by DPL. DPL at its sole discretion will consult the channel partner to calibrate the product pricing based on the end consumer aspirations and market conditions.
Channel Partner’s performance will be regularly monitored to for effectiveness of this sales and distribution model and for their performance against the monthly plans submitted. This is intended to help both the Channel Partner and DPL to ensure that the goals are achieved within operational tolerance.
Deepak Phenolics will be evaluating the interested parties with the detailed assessment based on various criteria, few suggested parameters are such as
a) Relevant experience in trading/distribution of commodity chemicals.
b) Access to customers in the areas which are of interest to DPL
c) A Proven track record of service excellence for customers.
d) Financial Strength based on Channel Partner’s previous 3 years’ performance, including turnover, profitability, etc.
e) Willing to resolve any conflict of interest which may exist, or which may arise from time to time.
f) Logistics and other infrastructural facilities (example access to drumming plants) which may be of use to DPL.
The interested parties may get in touch with DPL ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for any clarifications.
Participants are expected to submit this form on or before 28th January 2022.
Please keep Following documents ready for EOI Participation:
1. Company proﬁle with
a) Details of business & product portfolio handled.
b) Ownership and Afﬁliation details with subsidiaries/ parent companies.
c) Present nature of products handled and the number of customers served.
d) Value handled volume traded as channel partner/distributor for large enterprises, names of principals.
e) Geographies & Volume traded in last three years.
f) Any existing conflict of interest and proposals to resolve the same.
2. Any 5 customer references & 1-2 principal references with a business relationship of at least 2 years
3. Company Name & Registered Address
4. Company PAN No.
5. GST Detail
6. Audited financial statements of last 3 years; certificates of recognition from principal currently operating with.
7. Tax returns of last 3 years, certificate of incorporation
8. Details of banking arrangements & credit lines
9. Product(s) of interest
10. Preliminary target volume and geography of customers to be served
1. All modalities of the arrangement may not have been detailed above and the entity must ensure to get all aspects clarified well in advance.
2. DPL reserves the right to accept or reject any submission based on fulfilment of criteria and independent checks.
DPL may, at its absolute discretion, but without being under any obligation to do so, update, amend or supplement the information, assessment or assumptions contained in this EOI. The issue of this EOI does not imply that the DPL is bound to select or appoint a Party or parties, as the case may be, for the distribution channel and the DPL reserves the right to reject all or any of the Parties without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Parties shall bear all costs associated with or relating to the preparation and submission of its application including but not limited to preparation, copying, postage, delivery fees, expenses associated with any demonstrations or presentations which may be required by the DPL or any other costs incurred in connection with or relating to its application. All such costs and expenses will remain with such Party and DPL shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for the same or for any other costs or other expenses incurred by a Party in preparation or submission of the Application, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the selection.